ASRC Federal President & CEO Jennifer Felix has been named a finalist for the FedScoop “Best Bosses in Federal IT” award. The FedScoop award recognizes leaders from the federal tech community for their achievements and contributions to the government over the past year.
In a recent interview with iHeart Radio, Felix spoke about recent achievements and the strong culture at ASRC Federal. Felix took on the role of CEO during the pandemic and is proud that the company has continued to see strong growth thanks to its dedicated team and federal mission expertise. Felix said ASRC Federal is thrilled to have onboarded nearly 2,000 people in 2021.
“One of the things I think we do incredibly well is knowledge-sharing across our organization. This past year we’ve really put a focus on this through our CTO organization and created Centers of Excellence,” said Felix. “One of the challenges in federal contracting is that we are supporting so many customer missions; however, the work we do is often using similar capabilities. For example, we’re using our AI/ML toolkit at both NOAA and NASA.”
As part of the commitment to creating a supportive and inclusive environment, Felix discussed how ASRC Federal is striving to bring people together and launched two new employee groups in the past year: one for military veterans and families and one for the multicultural community. The organization also has a vibrant Women’s Impact Network. To meet the needs of current talent, ASRC Federal has implemented a formalized workplace mobility initiative that encourages existing employees to identify and pursue new positions within the company that support their career trajectory.
“As an Alaska Native company… we have very strong values. We have a positive and welcoming culture, and we work to build each other up and grow talent across our organization.”
Felix noted how ASRC Federal is driving a wide range of critical missions for the U.S. government, from space to cyber defense to public health. In the past year, the company:
- helped schedule, manage and test NASA’s amazing James Webb Space Telescope,
- helped assemble the Orion spacecraft and provided AI support for the Space Launch System on the Artemis 1 mission,
- built efficiencies and automated processes for the USDA that help U.S. farmers continue to produce our nation’s food supply,
- successfully transitioned the National Cancer Institute to a virtual work environment during COVID-19 to ensure continuity of operations and collaboration in the fight against cancer,
- provided infrastructure engineering and base operations services to support Kirtland Air Force Base and the 377th Air Base Wing in New Mexico, and
- kept the personal data of our nation’s servicemen and women secure at the DoD Human Resources Activity.
“We really want people to have a fulfilling career with us,” Felix noted.
Felix believes her role as president & CEO at ASRC Federal provides an opportunity for her to develop those around her. “One thing that has always driven me is the ability to help employees develop, it’s incredibly rewarding to watch someone as they embrace challenges and opportunities that ultimately enable them to grow and thrive.”
For the full iHeart radio interview, click here.
Join our team: https://www.asrcfederal.com/careers/\